Renting an apartment doesn’t mean that you have to settle for boring walls and furniture. Even if you don’t own your space, you can still give it a little bit of personality by creating the right decor hacks! In this article, we’ll go over five different ways to give your rented space the look of a lived-in home without breaking the bank or needing to be an interior designer. All you need is some creativity, some elbow grease, and these easy tips!
1) Get creative with wall decals
If you’re looking for an easy way to add some personality to your apartment, wall decals are the way to go. They’re relatively inexpensive, and there are tons of great designs out there. Plus, they’re easy to apply and remove, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your walls. Here are five of our favorite wall decals for renters
– Cutout Letters: These letters can be customized with colors or fonts to match your decor. You can choose from four different sizes
– small (6 inches), medium (8 inches), large (10 inches) or extra large (12 inches).
– Words Wall Decal: Find phrases that fit your personal style and get them in any color, font or size you want!
– Geometric Patterns: These patterns are sure to make any room look sleek. There are three different types to choose from – triangles, hexagons and squares. They come in three sizes – small (4 inches), medium (6 inches) or large (8 inches).
– Plates: Are you really into plates? Then this is the perfect decal for you! There are over 15 styles and 12 colors to choose from. The plates come in 3 sizes – small (2 inches), medium (3.5inches) or large (4.25inches).
2) Go glam with gold accessories
Who says you can’t go glam in a rental? A few well-placed gold accessories can make all the difference in adding some high-end style to your space. Plus, they’ll help reflect light and make your apartment feel brighter and more open. Here are a few of our favorite ways to add a touch of gold The first one is probably my favorite – and it’s also probably the easiest! We’re talking about a good ol’ fashioned DIY gold mirror here.
3) Style your coffee table for entertaining
No matter how small your living space is, you can always find room for a coffee table. And, if you’re like most people, that coffee table quickly becomes the catch-all for books, magazines, coasters, and remote controls. But there’s no reason your coffee table can’t also be stylish and inviting. With a few simple decor hacks, you can transform your coffee table into a chic surface that makes a statement and provides the perfect place to entertain guests.
4) Transplant plants from the outdoors
One of the easiest ways to make your apartment feel like home is to bring in some plants. If you don’t have a green thumb, no worries – there are plenty of low-maintenance options out there. Just be sure to check with your landlord first to make sure it’s okay. Whether you’re into succulents or peonies, this easy hack will give your space a fresh look.
- Fill containers with dirt and plant;
- Choose the location for planting;
- Water plants and place them outside for sunlight;
- Wait and enjoy!
- Cut down leaves that fall off;
- Repeat steps one through four every two weeks as needed.
5) Add pops of greenery with decorative planters
One easy way to add some life (literally) to your space is with decorative planters. You can find these at any home goods store, and they come in all shapes, sizes, and price ranges. If you want to get really creative, you can even DIY your own planters out of recycled materials. Fill them with succulents or low-maintenance plants like cacti. You can also take this idea one step further by adding them to hanging plants like these! It adds a natural element without taking up too much space. The small touches are the ones that make the biggest difference.